Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hard Run/Schedule

Tuesday-4 miles
Wednesday-60 min. run
Thursday-5 miles
Friday-6 mile
Saturday-off
I originally was going to be off on Wednesday and run on Monday but the thunderstorms that came through put a damper on that.  This really stretches me for where I am at.
Shifting thoughts-
Today was brutal.  I only ran the 4 miles but when I started my legs hurt a little.  I thought it would go away as I ran but it continued.  I had a nice breeze at my back on my two miles heading out.  On the way back it was torture.  The wind, about 15 mph, was in my face and my legs hurt.  For the last mile my body wanted to quit.  I kept thinking that the nice part about running is that there is rest tonight and there is tomorrow.  I thought of everything I could to keep me running and it worked.  My last two miles were slow but hey, it's something.  I did recruit someone to possibly run the marathon with me in October.  He is a guy I work with and hopefully it pans out and we can train together.  Just think about that, a training partner!  That's an exciting thought.  One thought that is even better, my wife is smoking hot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment