Monday, May 27, 2013

A Whole New World

Monday-10 miles
Tuesday-60 min.
Wednesday-off
Thursday-20 min.
Friday-40 min.
Saturday-80 min.

Today I ran 10 miles for the first time in my life.  WOW!!  I didn't know my legs could feel like that.  After about five miles I tasted the grease from lunch, at seven miles it all fell apart.  At eight miles I almost quit, but I dug deep and kept going.  At 8.25 miles there is a hill that lasts 1/2 a mile!  As I was running up it two turtles and a sloth passed me and did not have a lot of nice things to say.  I got to the top of that hill and made it to the 9 mile mark and it was smooth sailing from there.  Okay, so maybe it wasn't quite as smooth as one would like.  The tenth mile.  Unless you've really experienced this, it is hard to explain.  My legs felt tingly and then hot.  It was hard to walk straight and everything inside me hurt.  This is the litmus test.  After experiencing this, do I really want to run a marathon?  I believe the answer would have to be yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment