Monday, March 18, 2013

A Runner

This might sound odd considering I have a blog about running.  Well, at least I have a place on the internet that I write on every once in a while.  But I have never considered myself as a runner.  I have always ran, but never said, "I'm a runner."  And then there was a bulletin by Kathy Nickerson that called me a runner.  I guess.?  This brings me to my point.
It's kind of one of those times when you hear God beckoning for you to come closer and discover Him more and in the process you bump into who you are in Him just a little more.  I have had a dream repeated a couple of nights and in the dream I have something nice and I like it, it's just not what I really want.  It's not quite what my heart is set on.  Obviously nothing in this world ever brings that total satisfaction, but it is a dream of my soul longing to be with God.  I enjoy my life, but there is that one Thing that I really want.  I want Him.  Oh how my soul longs for Him.  I want to prophecy with great faith.  I want my finances to be directly in line with Him.  I want to pray and feel heaven come down and saturate my soul and flesh.  I want my mind to be so set on Him that nothing can take me away.
This morning in prayer I realized that it's not a life called to run or to do any job, it's a life called to be in Him and be content with Him.  I can live and work anywhere He desires and as long as I am satisfied with Him it's alright.  When the running stops, the work no longer is there, and everything fades what is left?  If there is emptiness then we've missed it.  But, if there is an abundance of Him and satisfaction in Him then we got it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment